While getting your toddler to eat in the kitchen can be a struggle, all toddlers seem to love to play in the kitchen. That’s why it’s no surprise that play kitchens are such a popular toy for toddlers. Making dinner while your toddler "makes dinner" is a fun bonding experience for you both—and keeping your little one occupied always makes meal prep easier!
If you’re on the hunt to find the best play kitchens for toddlers, you’re not alone. Whether you’re seeking a deluxe play kitchen, the best wooden play kitchens, a set that works in small spaces, or any other number of other variables, there are lots of choices when it comes to the best rated play kitchens. We’ve combed through lots of options to come up with a few winners for you, in five different categories.
But first, a few things to keep in mind when determining which of the best play kitchens for toddlers is best for you:
- Cost: Deciding what you’re willing to spend will help you narrow the field, as the best rated play kitchens come at a variety of different price points
- Time: Be prepared to spend a decent amount of time assembling your play kitchen, as most sets require a few hours of hands-on assembly. The more features and the larger the play set, the longer you can expect to be on duty.
- Safety: As with all toys, check to be sure that the play kitchen you select meets all safety requirements and that you follow all safety instructions when assembling and placing the set in your home.
Here are our picks for the five best play kitchens for toddlers in 2022:
The Best Play Kitchen for Large Spaces: Step 2 Grand Walk-In Kitchen and Grill
If you’ve got the room, this deluxe play set from Step 2 will thrill your toddler—plus two or three of their friends. It’s stocked full of realistic amenities and multiple play stations for engaging social play! Features include:
- Stainless steel-look appliances: oven, refrigerator, microwave, sink, and barbeque grill
- Cabinets, a swivel-faucet sink, and dining station
- Realistic kitchen sounds and lights
- 103-piece accessory pack, which includes play food, utensils, pots & pans and pots and pans
The Best Play Kitchen for Small Spaces: Little Tikes Super Chef Kitchen
Need to save space but still want your toddler to experience realistic kitchen play? This compact and appealing blue-and-cream set from Little Tikes will do the trick. It fits snugly into a corner or against a wall for space-saving fun. Features include:
- Stainless steel-look appliances: oven with stove hood, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee pot
- Chrome-look towel rack
- Electronic cooking sounds: stove burners and knobs
- Accessories include phone, frying pan and utensils
The Best Wooden Play Kitchen: KidKraft Uptown Espresso Wooden Play Kitchen
Whether you avoid plastic for aesthetic or ethical reasons, there’s a certain panache to wooden kitchen playsets that make them a top choice. Sturdy, modern, and sleek (it might even be more updated than your real kitchen!), this KidKraft set in espresso wood is super appealing for toddlers—and mom and dad! Features include:
- Stainless steel-look appliances: oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher
- Fun extras: phone, kitchen chalkboard, and towel rack
- Shelving for pots, pans, and accessories
The Best Vintage Play Kitchen: Pottery Barn Kids Farmhouse Kitchen
Yearning for a set that reminds you of your own childhood play kitchen? This vintage-look beauty from Pottery Barn Kids does just that, while marrying the vibe with today’s farmhouse chic. The simple white and stainless design and high quality make this one a stand out. Features include:
- Crafted of sustainably sourced wood with a hand-applied finish
- Nickel hardware
- Appliances include farmhouse sink, oven, and stovetop burner
- Hooks for hanging utensils and accessories (sold separately)
The Best Play Kitchen for Younger Toddlers: Little Tikes Cook n’ Grow Kitchen
This two-stage convertible kitchen is great for toddlers as young as eighteen months, since it starts out at floor height and then converts to a regular-sized playset. Your youngest budding chefs will love this fun and easy kitchen set that’s also nice and compact. Features include:
- Appliances: oven, refrigerator, microwave and sink
- Electronic cooking sounds
- Hooks and storage for cups and plates
- 26-piece accessory pack including coffee pot, play phone, food, frying pan, and utensils
You can also find dozens of available toys to rent on Loop, from bikes to bouncers and beyond. Renting toys saves the environment, and saves you money, so consider trying us out today!